Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Stampin' Up Christmas begins ...

Warning: if you don't want to think about Christmas yet, then scroll down to the next post!




This morning I got everything out to spend a day making Christmas cards. Yes, the urge to make Christmas cards has struck, and today was the day.

I especially wanted to use the Stampin' Up Peaceful Wishes set some more. I ended up making 23 cards, mostly duplicates. I cut my white A4 card into 8 rectangles and started stamping. This is such a gorgeous stamp set, it's hard to go wrong.



After I made 8 of the above card, I thought I'd take a break from the traditional red and green, I also wanted to use up the blue coral paper and card I've had for years. But this card is just not doing it for me, I guess I'm a traditional girl after all ...


I am loving the Old Olive and Rose Red card and inks.

Here's a close-up showing the detail of the embossed paisley pattern courtesy of the cuttlebug. I rubbed it with a little Old Olive ink.




Here is my finished collection. Sorry about the lighting, I'm finding it so hard to get decent photos in winter. The light is all or nothing.

Well that has satisfied my start-to-think-about-Christmas bug for now, so I guess I should make some birthday cards next!

4 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

Perhaps it will snow? Now where will you store all your Christmas card stock?

Threeundertwo said...

Beautiful! I really love the olive and rose cards.

Michelle said...

I'll make lots of a4 card with these designs.

Catheine said...

Love your cards!!!! Your work is sooo nice! Cute blog too...wish I understood how to start and keep up one of my own.

Is the "Peaceful Wishes" stamp still available? If so where might I find it?
Thanks for any help! :) (please email me at CBR22@mchsi.com)