Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Bits and Pieces

This is a strange but good time of year. We are mostly at home, except for some shopping here and there, church and a swim yesterday, but otherwise just at home. Reading, watching TV, playing, organising, gardening. We feel insular, and even more introvert than usual. We want to keep the world out for as long as we can. But in 2 days Steve will go back to work and we will settle into a normal school holiday routine, where daddy goes to work and mummy and the girls do stuff.

In the meantime, I've been trying to declutter and lighten up. The photo above shows my latest change to my craft table - I vacated a drawer and put in these mini drawers next to each other to hold various embellishments and tools. So far it's working really well.

Emily and I hung out in Borders for a couple of hours on Saturday (a Mummy-Daughter outing) and we bought this book of stencils which we girls have all been using.

This was my first go with it:


Some of the fonts are pretty fun. Nothing we haven't got as a font on the computer, but sometimes you just need to do it by hand! Also as well as the fonts are some cute little graphics. Laura has been adding elephants to everything.

Last week I did a lot of scrapbooking, about 17 pages in 2 days. This is one of my favourites:

I'm pleased how it turned out. At first the photos looked so blah with lots of grey curtain and then the honey-coloured stage and walls, but once I found the floral paper suddenly the colours of the costumes bounced out - one of the things I love about scrapbooking.

And lastly, this is the adorable drawing Emily did for us for Christmas. She secretly worked on it for a few days and it's pretty darn cute. We love it.

2 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

Lovely holiday projects. We had our first day with Daddy at work today....so hot........
I am itching to declutter, but am still clearning the kitchen bench!!. Christmas decorations still up too......

Unknown said...

I know the feeling of wanting to stay at home and keeping the world out. We did that for about two weeks and it was so nice to just be at home together as a family.

I really love the stenciling book. It looks really neat!

Have a beautiful night!