Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hello Friend!

Hello there, no I haven't dropped off the planet, I've just been busy.

What have I been doing?

I've been doing lots of sitting and reading - I'm on my second cold in 15 days and am just over it. My latest reading (from the library) has been on organic gardening, self-sufficiency and the effects and problems of modern farming on the environment - I might become a greenie after all. LOL

In addition to reading, I've been knitting. I finished this scarf for Laura, and am making one in different colours for myself - the perfect mindless-but-still-productive activity while I have a cold.

I used some very clever yarn from Lincraft which has little fluffy bobbles on it spacedto come between every two stitches - too easy!

Doesn't it just look like candy floss or marshmallows? Yum!

I've been working on my food garden, today I have put in some seedlings and have been mulching, we've had so much rain, I hope the garden doesn't become waterlogged.

I've been doing some stamping and some scrapbooking when I have the chance, this little matryushka girl is one of my latest stamp purchases - I love her!

Then there have been school assignments to help with, excursions and things to organise ... and everyday life. Yes, I sure have been busy! But busy is good, on the whole.

Have you been busy too?

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

I like the marshmallow scarf.