Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rednesday - old and new

Today I'd like to share with you the book I'm reading for an online book club, Girl of the Limberlost bu Gene Stratton Porter, with its dull red suede cover. This book is truly just holding together, almost every page is loose, but I'm loving reading it again.


I love the embossing on the front


And for something much more RED and cheery here is a card I made a few weeks ago, complete with cherries and glitter!

Click here to see other's red goodies, and click on the image below to see other vintage goodies!


And now I really should go and find that washing sitting languishing in the machine so long while I sit blogging ...

15 comments:

Coloradolady said...

What a great book. The embossing is wonderful and what a cute little card.

Have a great VTT!!

Postcardy said...

Thats a cool book cover.

★Carol★ said...

I love old books so much! I just bought an old copy of Jane Eyre from Ebay, and hope to find alot more oldies but goodies!

Keetha Broyles said...

OH I LOVE Gene Stratton Porter books, and that one is one of the BEST.

Actually, Gene was from just a few miles north of here in Indiana, and her books are set right here too!!!

Thanks for showing us this really cool book.

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous old gem..i love the embossing on the cover :)

Unknown said...

I love old books. Have you ever visited The Gutenberg Project?" There are lots of old books online and you can read them without that dusty feeling!

Miri said...

Cool book cover!

Marie Reed said...

I just can't take my eyes off of that embossed cover!

ClassyChassy said...

Great embossing! What a find!

SueLovesCherries said...

I can just feel that cover in my mind!

Great card! I'm a little crafty, but paper is not my forte!

Kellie said...

That is one gorgeous book! And the cherry/cupcake card...SWOON! Thanks for sharing!

the wild raspberry said...

what a neat old book...happy reading!
chasity

Bea said...

Love the embossing on the book.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

i like the book jacket.. never see on in that colour..

Happy VTT

yui said...

Hi! I'm behind you.
Good luck!