Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Crocheted Aviator Cap, take two.


Just when I thought I could settle down and get on with my cardigan Laura announced on Thursday afternoon ...

"I need a beanie for my Canberra excursion!"

So, what's a mother to do? Hop in the car and drive to KMart for a cheap boring beanie?

Not this crocheting mum.


Out came the Lincraft pattern I used last year, and from some yarn in my stash
I whipped this up,
finishing on Friday afternoon.
Yey for 6.00mm crochet hooks!

(excuse the greenish photo - bad light!)

Laura and I did the plaits together on Saturday afternoon, and it was done!


At one stage Laura feared she would look like she had a tea-cosy on her head, but all that changed when I added the rows of edging in turquoise, aqua and blue.

She was quite happy with the finished result!


and so was I.

It's satisfying to make something we actually need out of what you have at home, isn't it?

This morning we farewelled her in the cold and the dark at the school bus stop,
we could see her happy and chatting in the coach.
Growing up too fast.

But still cute :-)





linking for the first time to



lots of lovely stuff happening over at both those blogs ...

4 comments:

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Hi Fiona,
I am with you on going to the stash and making something quick.The edging does set it off nicely. Busy with a scarf and matching beanie for a good friend who loves brown and demin, will post on it later today

no spring chicken said...

This is wonderful! I love to knit but there are so many great crochet patterns out there too... I guess I'll have to brave trying something new. :)

Blessings, Debbie

Melissa Plank said...

Darling little hat, and super quick work on your part!

Marushka C. said...

Your daughter looks terrific in that pretty hat. I hope she enjoys wearing it on her trip.