Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Two Harps


Since November I've had a harp in the house.

A lovely little 30-string harp, 

on loan from a generous friend.

I've loved learning to play it,

picking out Irish tunes and adding accompaniment.

I even had some lessons!



But a month ago,

I bought a harp of my own!!


Something I had hoped for for years

but never really thought would happen.

The new harp,

besides being my very own,

is a step up from the borrowed harp,

being 34 strings rather than 30,

free-standing
(less floor space needed 
and easier to play)

and a little larger 
(better for my back).

The strings are tighter,

less "twangy" than the smaller harp.

But I love them both.


And tonight I return the friend's harp.

So I thought I'd better take some photos 

to remember it by.

Stay "tuned" for more about my new harp.

2 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

They are so beautiful... you probably 'lose' yourself when playing.

April D said...

I have a 14 year old daughter who is SO jealous! She began saving to purchase one just this January--it will take her quite awhile. They are so beautiful!
We came across your blog while researching Jane Austen party ideas for my 16 year old daughter's upcoming birthday party...all I can say is I think you would be FUN neighbors!
We are in the midst of making Regency bonnets and gowns and planning menus; I think we're even going to use the "Waiting for Mr. Bingley" idea. :)
Have a beautiful, blessed day!
~april