Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Seeing double


Laura has been seeing double for quite some time now.

Please excuse my feeble photo-editing skills,

but I believe this is what she sees a lot of the time,

in addition to other weird and wonderful

visual disturbances.

As I've said before,

we've been on a journey

to figure out what's going on.

A journey that's involved lots of

medical appointments

and various diets 

and much emotion of one sort or another.

But on Tuesday we received a new diagnosis,

and instructions for a treatment

that actually might help.

Laura's ophthalmologist thinks she has

convergence weakness,

which causes headaches and double vision.

The double vision in turn

might be triggering migraines.

So next week we begin seeing an orthoptist

who will give Laura exercises

that should cure this problem, at least!

If he's right I believe Laura's life might

become a whole lot easier.

I'm excited, 

although I've been excited before 

and it's only led to disappointment

when a diagnosis 

or a diet has proved wrong.

So I'm quietly excited.

My next challenge

is to make sure Laura actually 

DOES the exercises.


Cause she looks angelic ... right?

* * *

I'm glad the end of term is in sight

and that we have a direction to follow

for the next month, at least.

1 comment:

Amy at love made my home said...

It seems to make sense that if you are seeing double trying to constantly focus could give you a headache let alone a migraine. I hope that it works and that there is some resolution for you all. Take care of yourself in the meantime.