Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Today's projects

Today I was busy preparing for our school fair ...


signs to print and paint ....

300 wristbands to tear apart, and put into labelled envelopes for quick collection on Saturday morning by 300 excited children...

and, much more interesting ...

my first ever "made from scratch" bread.
(not counting a "no-knead bread" experiment a few months ago ...)

A pain d'epi from "the new family bread book" by Ursula Ferrigno

I just took it out of the oven and we'll try it with dinner tonight.
It smells delicious!

If this bread is good, then there's so many other bread and pizza recipes in this book that I want to try!

Edited to add: It was good! Yum. The girls want me to make bread all the time (huh - that will strengthen my arms!) Perfect except for a small section in the centre the tiniest bit moist and dense. Next time I'll cut down on the salt a bit - was 1 tbspn for 500g flour, and we are not used to much salt in our food)

No comments: