Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Last Day of Primary School


Laura's last day of primary school.

Mufti, walking to the movies, and pizza in the park,

and then a farewell tunnel back at school.

. . .

And a last day for me, too.

I just dropped Laura off to school for the last time.

The last time I will stand at the corner 

and watch a daughter run into school.

. . .

The last time I will stand in the street 

and wait while the whole school walks by 

before Laura eventually wanders out,

swinging her hat,

giving me a little smile.


After nine years of being at school every weekday

at 9.00am and 3.00pm


just 

won't

have to

anymore.

. . .


And meanwhile a crazy, crazy day around here, kitchen, living room and bathroom ceilings being cut into
a new fridge being delivered, (meaning everything goes into eskies)  gyprocking finished off ....

No comments: