Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

September thoughts



Well, September has come, and Spring!
I seem to have been so busy since our holiday, and even before that.

But now my busyness is coming to an end and I can begin to look ahead!

Last week I held a Stampin' Up! afternoon and gave the guests some goodies, including these pillow boxes with cute little paperclips.


We ate cupcakes, also decorated, of course!
(Emily's cupcake recipe is soooooo good, with it's huge amount of butter!)


On Thursday it was my birthday!

I can't believe that it's a year since I had my Jane Austen birthday party!

last birthday, ready for my Jane Austen Party

Where does the time go???

I was soooooo tired when I woke up on my birthday, I'd really been overdoing it earlier in the week. I spent the first part of the day feeling quite miserable, and the weather was dismal, but then things improved, thank goodness.


My good friend Tanya gave me the most gorgeous bouquet, left on the doorstep - what a wonderful surprise!

Incredible deep pink roses with a lovely fragrance I could smell even outside on the doorstep!


They look lovely in an old silver tankard
(a prize for a grandfather for being on the winning side of a tug-of-war during World War I
- how times have changed!)

Then after the flowers arrived I went out for a lovely lunch with my Mum at a cafe, and that night dinner with we four dined at our favourite Thai restaurant. I was also given so many lovely presents, including lots of DVDs I will enjoy watching -
Return to Cranford, No. 1 Ladies Detective, 27 Dresses, and To the Manor Born

On Friday night we held a big event for the women at our church, where we learnt to cook ...

Savoury Choux Buns
(with spinach and pine nut filling)

Cheese Souffle

and Lime and Ginger Creme Brulee.

Not quite so much fun as this:


- but almost!

All very delicious but a LOT of work to run the evening with some friends.

Amongst other things I made these candles for the night:


The night was a great success, and lots of fun, but I am relieved that it is over, because I was just way too busy preparing for it and making it beautiful.

For now I am taking things a little easier, still continuing with my piano and recorder students, and that, plus daily life, is quite enough. Waiting for some spring energy to revive me now!

1 comment:

Ruthykins said...

when i first read this post i thought i was mistaken. then i remembered that you live on the other side of the world. here in the desert of the US it is starting to become autumntime. spring is such a wonderful time. it's make me happy to know that there are people experiencing it right now.