Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Sofa and a Dropcloth Cover


A new look for the living room.
A sofa, covered in a painter's dropcloth.
Partly sewn, partly tucked in and partly stapled.

Five days later it is still looking good.
As you can see we are having some dark days here.
But the light bouncing off the sofa makes a huge difference.

This was the sofa one week ago, on a sunny day:


(A dark green slipcover I made in stages over the last ten years,
which was never completely finished. It felt soooooo good to throw it into the bin on Saturday!))

I also made a new cushion to go with one I made earlier.


The hydrangea image came from the Graphics Fairy, and I added the text.

I printed it (in reverse) onto bubblejet transfer sheets
and ironed it on to the fabric before sewing it into a cushion.

I think I am more in love with hydrangeas than ever ....
And am definitely loving my "new" sofa.

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

I like the new colours. I love the new table.