I haven't posted so much lately on the progress of our upstairs extension.
Last week the carpenter did a brilliant job with the architraves and skirting boards,
matching our original 1920s/1930s features downstairs.
This is Laura's room, looking much more like a bedroom now with a door,
timberwork and a wardrobe.
We found bungalow doors to match our original doors.
Here you can see down the hall into Emily's room,
with the linen cupboard on the left.
We decided to go with a flush door
for the linen cupboard
rather than have a door custom made,
it is narrower than the other doors
and once painted it should all blend in.
Now inside Emily's room looking back out to the hall.
I'm really happy with the doorknobs we picked out.
Our downstairs doorknobs are a mixture
of styles, along the line somewhere someone
replaced the knobs but not the plates of some of the doors.
So we picked out something suitable in style
for the age of the house.
I didn't want to walk upstairs and feel as if
we were suddenly in a modern project home
instead of an old bungalow,
so I'm glad we could source these features,
they are definitely worth the extra expense.
So now we have a lot more painting to do in the next few weeks!
Thankfully painters are up on the roof now,
painting the exterior, despite the damp, miserable weather here.