Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Curly Crochet Scarf



I have finished my first real crochet project - a curly spirally mohair scarf.

I started making this for my mum for Mothers Day, but decided that it wasn't really her style, so I'll be giving it to someone else. It's not quite my style either, and I can't wear mohair, anyway. The good news is that I've found a more suitable yarn to make a scarf for Mum's birthday in June, so I'll start making that soon.



I used a Jo Sharp mohair, my local store didn't have the recommended Rowan Kidsilk Haze
It was very quick to crochet, being only 6 rows. The first 5 rows were fun but the last row with so many chains and bobbles was a bit tedious!

The pattern is from the book Crochet Designs by Tess Dawson. I borrowed it from the library and am hoping to crochet a few more garments from it before I have to return it!


I love the way the scarf curls around and looks like coral. It looks light and fragile, but the yarn is surprisingly strong. Overall I'm pretty happy that I could make something like this having just recently learnt to crochet.

I hope someone can enjoy wearing it soon!

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

That is beautiful......
You have achieved a lot already.