Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dressed for a Grey Day

I had a little chuckle when I began baking this afternoon, and glanced down.

A long apron
(refashioned from a very old dress)

over a long denim skirt
(quite an old skirt)

over stripey knee-high socks
(that make me feel like a munchkin)

with my cute Ecco shoes

... not quite sure if I'm more Dorothy


or munchkin

Wizard-of-Oz-w17.jpg


Or perhaps more like The Patchwork Girl of Oz, (one of the later Oz characters)!


I can't help also but think of The Green Queen getting dressed on a grey day ...

In any case I am warm and comfy, which is the main thing!

Due to some nerve problems on my hips I've been avoiding my usual jeans wardrobe and going for skirts lately. Which makes for interesting outfits when I also want to keep my legs warm AND wear good supportive shoes!


(But I'm glad I don't need to wear my apron out in public! )

1 comment:

Carolyne said...

Well, no matter what you call it, I think you're adorable!
I love the fact that you care not what anyone else cares, but you're dressed for cosy comfort.
Your knitted scarf a couple of posts forward caught my eye....I'm thinking of giving one a try also.
{{hugs}}
Carolyne