Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Granny Square Rug

Last week I started another crochet project - a granny square rug to use up my woollen yarns which have lived in a box for years. Since no one round here is going to wear wool, and these just aren't my colours anyway (what was I thinking in the early 90s, I wonder?) ... I decided to use them up productively by crocheting a rug and giving it away.

I'm hoping to find an organisation that gives rugs to people in need. Perhaps a homeless man will appreciate this rug. Since taking this photo last week I've done about as many rows again, and am starting to wonder just how far my wool supply will go ... well, if I have to I'll buy a few balls to make it a decent size.

I'm enjoying making it, and see the transformation from 'useless ball of yarn' to 'useful warm item' is very satisfying, especially considering that about 6 weeks ago I didn't even know how to crochet!

1 comment:

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Hi Fiona, the colours are great together. It is quite a big block to start with which is good. less "putting away of threads afterwards" Have a great day Rina