Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ohmygoodness! - Gluten-free Pastry & Sausage Rolls!


A breakthrough.

Gluten-free, dairy-free pastry that works.


That doesn't fall apart when I lift it off the bench.


Despite the softness of Nuttelex margarine.

And then the deliciousness
of sausage rolls.

Something I haven't eaten for about a year now....


No, they're not like bought ones.

Different.

More satisfying.

The pastry has more bite to it

and I know what's in the filling!


which is already looking loved

in my kitchen

after just 24 hours.


See?  They almost look as good as hers.

Kind of.

The secret?

I think it's the quinoa flour.

Expensive, but worth every cent.

Instead of using three types of mince in the filling

 I just used lamb mince.

Next time I might go for a more 

"sausage-y" filling adding breadcrumbs.



But this is working for me right now.

Oh yeah.

1 comment:

Bungalowgirl said...

Oh they look delicious! well done. you have inspired me to try something similar. Both my kids are failsafe and my son is also dairy allergic and fodmap intolerant. Verrrry tricky and he also has issues with texture and smell sensitivity! melx