Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

I can hear!


Yesterday my surgeon removed most of the packing in my ear,
and I can hear!
Of course, I have been able to hear all along, really,
but only in my left ear, and then for the last 5 years
I've had some (somewhat distorted) hearing 
via a hearing aid in my right ear.
But now, I'm hearing clearly in stereo! Woohoo!
And over time it will get even better.


In fact, most things are just too loud, my brain needs to adjust.
The girls have been at band camp so things have been quiet around here,
this afternoon I will see how I go with a full household of noise!


In the meantime, I'm still pretty tired and am watching lots of TV,
enjoying reading blogs, reading and crocheting.
It's a hard life, but someone has to do it.



A week on, I've been blessed with more cards and flowers
from friends and students, people are so kind.
I feel that this post should have photos of all the things
I'm enjoying hearing now, but that might wait for another time.
Seeing all the bright flowers and cards 
reminds me of my happiness
that the worst of the post-surgery times are over,
and that it has all been worth it.
After months of anxiety and planning and questions,
a quiet joy has settled over my life.
Something that was lost for so long has been restored.

Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
    and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
 Then will the lame leap like a deer,
    and the mute tongue shout for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness
    and streams in the desert.
Isaiah 35:5-6

God is good.
Don't you think He gives us small tastes
of his kingdom now?
   

Thank you for your well wishes, too.
They mean a lot to me.

I hope you have a lovely day in your neck of the woods!

3 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

That is such wonderful news.
I love how your family have helped out and supported you.
Keep resting. My number 3 is excited to come back to piano!

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!!! I had been wondering how things went. I hope your hearing continues to improve & you are back on your feet ASAP. Praise God! Xx

Amy at love made my home said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell that I am pleased! I would yell it out to you, but even with your newly super hearing ear it would be too far!

I am so pleased that it was a success and that you are on well on the mend. I hope that you keep getting better and better and that life is good! xx