Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Afternoon Tea Party


Afternoon tea today for Mum's birthday.


Chips, crackers and dips
Sausage rolls and party pies,
Cheese and spinach savouries.
Homemade gluten-free sausage rolls
(yum)
Sandwiches: egg, chicken, pesto, cream cheese & sultanas
(gluten-free & regular varieties)


Blueberry Almond Birthday Cake GF
Swedish Chocolate Cake GF


Caramel Creams GF
100s and 1000s biscuits GF


Armenian Nutmeg Cake GF
Choc Chip Cookies


Peach and Date slice
Chocolate Cupcakes

Everyone brought a plate of food or drink,
I made most of the gluten-free foods.

We decorated the table with some butterflies
(cut from an op-shop copy of Pride & Prejudice)
and pretty labels for each dish.
I pulled out all my pretty vintage china
and a vintage embroidered tablecloth.


I bought some pretty pink-edged lizianthus,
and my aunt & co. surprised me with a lovely
arrangement of proteas in a gorgeous pot.
(a late "thinking of you" gift for my surgery!)

It was lovely to see most of the family again,
there were about 20 of us, and to celebrate Mum's birthday


A good way to spend a winter afternoon.

And a good way to spend this winter evening:
eating leftovers and watching To Kill a Mockingbird.

2 comments:

April D said...

How beautiful! Such an amazing(and possibly enviable!)assortment of foods--I am very curious about some of your GF recipes, as our family has recently given up gluten. I am still learning, and your baked goods look delectable!
I hope your Mum had a beautiful time!
~april

Amy at love made my home said...

The table looks so pretty and all of the food looks and sounds delicious!! Happy Birthday to your Mum, I hope that she had a great day and has a great year ahead. xx