Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Photography 101


Today I received my new camera!

Something I've been wanting to do for a few years now.

(And perhaps you've noticed that black dot

appearing on some shots taken on our old camera?)

It was the darkest, wettest, thunderstorm-y

morning you can imagine,

but when my battery finished charging

(at last!)

the weather cleared up enough to go out

in search of scenery.


These photos were taken in an older part

of our Sydney suburb.

All pretty quick snaps 

but I'm happy with the way they turned out.



lovely old homes


lush green formal gardens 



I can't wait to try out the camera in better weather!

Then back home to try out some more interior shots


... so much to learn ...


I really like that this camera works so well in low-light conditions,

this was our very dark study during another storm tonight,

I could barely see the piano

and yet with a burst shot it was all captured in the light somehow!



I think my Lumix LX7 and I

are going to get on just fine. 

1 comment:

Amy at love made my home said...

It looks as though your new camera does a great job! Hope that you have lots of fun trying it out, looking forward to seeing the results!! xx