Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Matryushka Doll Ornaments


Today we had a pancake breakfast with the school recorder groups (one of which I teach), I enjoyed lunch with my bible study friends, sitting on the verandah in the shade - nibblies and champagne, cold chicken, ham, salads, bread, followed by Swedish Chocolate Cake and Lemon Meringue Pie - yum!

Tonight a dinner at a Thai restaurant with some mums from school - spring rolls, curry puffs, satay chicken, green curry, Thai BBQ chicken, Curry Duck, and more champagne, followed by Hot Chocolates.

Hmmm ... I think I might need to try and walk again tomorrow morning, or I'll be rolling by Christmas Day at this rate!

Tomorrow: Christmas and grocery shopping and the school outdoor Christmas Concert.


At the bible study lunch I handed out some Christmas cards like the one above, and inside each card was a little matryushka doll ornament with some verses on the back. The floral design on each scalloped circle is from a piece of scrapbook paper. The dolls are made of SU Rose Red card, with pomegranate coloured scallops.

Apart from matryushka dolls being so darned cute and in fashion and all, I was thinking of Mary when the angel visited, and she accepted God's radical plan for her life so willingly, and thinking that matryushka dolls would fit that idea pretty well!

2 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

Oh wow, what a day of enJOYment. You have made such beautiful things.

Unknown said...

These are so sweet and appropriate for the season!