Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Candy Colours

Yesterday was quite a productive day. At craft I stitched away at the border of the red and yellow quilt ... it's getting closer to finished, I will be so glad when it is! Then I came home and began a new quilt! Yes, I have the strip piecing bug. In one hour I made the middle section of a new quilt for a child ... not sure who yet ... photos of both quilts to come, it is a grey day here. It is just so cool to make something so quickly. Of course there is still plenty to be done, I need some border fabric and then is the backing and quilting and binding ... !





Then last night I was tidying my desk and came across a pile of scraps and stamped images, so I used them to make these cards, I am loving these colours. The cupcake stamp is new.





I embossed this flower ages ago, with the ShapeBoss system, but hadn't used it.

I am particularly happy with how the stamping down the side turned out, it needed something extra.

And this little notecard uses up a stamped image which had not stamped properly in the middle. Covered it up with the "thankyou" and voila a cute card using pieces I could have thrown away!


5 Things that are making me happy now:

(not necessarily in this order!)

1. Quilts

2. Candy colours

3. Hearing the girls practising and improving on flute, sax and piano.

4. Friends

5. Having a somewhat tidyish house (for a change).

No comments: